Wednesday, August 24, 2011

This week in the box...

Greetings to all on this beautiful summer day! We are headed off to the beach for the afternoon for some family splashing, but I wanted to make some quick comments about this week on the farm.

I tested one of the melons and was delighted to discover that we are very close to having them in the box. They need another week or so and then you will be seeing them. I don't know if ripening will occur in such a way to allow everyone to have one at the same time or if I need to break that up, but rest assured everyone will get to try some interesting varieties. The one I tested was a beautiful 8 pounder with almost white flesh called Cream of Saskatchewan. Very juicy and sweet already with a hint of citrus. The cold of the spring has made our harvest of them later than I had hoped, but I'm excited for us to enjoy them together!

In the box:
-Eggplant
-Tomatoes
-Summer Squash/Zucchini
-Cucumber/Sweet pepper
-onions
-Kale
-Herbs

No comments:

Post a Comment