Tuesday, June 12, 2012

June 7 - 1st distribution

Greetings to all. It was so awesome to get back to CSA distribution - seeing and speaking with the families partnering with me this year was great. As shown on the card included with your produce there was a nice variety of early summer produce and I look forward to being able to increase the volume as the season progresses. 
In your box this week:
-Salad Mix
-Spinach
-radish
-dill
-perennial onion 
-garlic scapes (flower stalks)
-cherries

For some of you, this might be your first introduction to the lovely garlic scape. It is the odorous bulbs flower stalk and mush be removed in order for the bulb to attain a generous size later in the year. But to many Europeans and North Americans, more recently, these are a delicious addition to anything that benefits from a light touch of garlic. I love it on pizza, in pasta or salad, or with eggs.

The cherries are obviously my pride and joy, as clearly indicated by my happy crowing on Facebook for the last couple weeks as I eagerly awaited their peak ripeness. A fine mesh net kept away the worst of the birds and squirrels and I was able to bribe the neighbor kids by promising them each a few - mostly anyway.

Blue skies...

No comments:

Post a Comment